Because of many reasons:
1. My eyes get suuper puffy (I know almost all de-swelling techniques out of necessity) and both my top and bottom eye lids get really fat and swollen. Almost looks like I got bit by a bee.
2. My eyes get super dry for the next 12 – 24 hours. So if I cry myself to sleep, the next day, my eyes will be very dry and uncomfortable.
3. My facial skin feels tight and dry.
4. My nose is red, swollen, and stuffed. My throat is scratchy and my voice is hoarse.
5. Because of those “hiccups” during sobbing, my chest and my lungs feel super tired and over-exposed.
God, why did you make us have to ability to cry? Crying usually happens during painful times. But ironically, after you cry, you feel physically uncomfortable, too! What?! Why!? 😥
My friend had this song stuck in her head, and interestingly, it fits! (Maybe its that whole theory of “all love songs are either angry/sad break up songs or proclamation of endless love type songs).
Lonesome Tears, by Beck
I can’t cry them anymore
I can’t think of what they’re for
Oh they ruin me every time
But I’ll try
To leave behind some days
These tears just can’t erase
I don’t need them anymore
Your eyes catch the light
With promises that might
Come true for a while
Oh I’ll ride
Farther than I should
Harder than I could
Just to meet you there